|Archive Lightbox at Visual AIDS|
AIDS is not over. We need your skills!
Summer Internship Opportunities at Visual AIDS
Visual AIDS is now accepting applications for our summer internship positions.
Interns assist with the ongoing operations of Visual AIDS. Interns may be asked to take on specific projects from start to finish, such as working along side the web developer for the digitalization of the Archive Project. In other cases Interns will be working on multiple projects, such as helping with exhibition preparation, and daily administrative duties.
Successful intern applicants will be:
- - Passionate about the possibilities that exist between art, social justice and HIV
- - Interested in current issues around AIDS Awareness, and a willingness to learn
- - Knowledgeable about contemporary art, art history and/or graphic design
- - Well organized, self-motivated and able to work on several projects at once
- - Attention oriented with good communication skills and the ability to thrive in a busy work environment
Specifically, we are looking for people who have experience in:
- - Exhibition and event organizing
- - Data entry, and word processing skills
- - Web design
- - Archiving and/or use of digital database
- - Scanning / Photoshop
- - Social Media
While the job is not physically demanding some tasks may require using the stairs, and light lifting. Please enquire with any accessibility questions you may have.
Internship is 12 to 20 hours per week.
To apply, send a short cover letter with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please indicate any specific skills, talents, and abilities you may have and include information regarding any previous experience that may inform your time with Visual AIDS.
Application deadline: May 1st
Internship starting date: May 15th (flexible)
Internship ending date: August 1st (flexible)
Interns may receive academic credit and/or work study for their internships, as arranged through their educational institution. Visual AIDS is unable to offer a stipend or other financial compensation beyond reasonable reimbursement for travel.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.